Guatemala Sailfishing Better And More Affordable than in USA | Mad Marlin Sport Fishing

I always loved sail fishing in Florida.  It was a passion as I was growing up as a kid.  But after reading sailfish fishing reports and articles about the inexpensive and spectacular marlin and sail fish fishing in Guatemala, I had to take a trip to see what all the hype was about.  After a single day fishing in Guatemala waters I was in awe of this remarkable billfish fishery.   My first day of fishing I raised 40 sail fish, and had 36 bites.  We released 30.    We also release a 450 pound blue marlin and caught 4 dorado in the 30-40 pound range. 

One think that was immediately apparent was that the Pacific sailfish we caught were huge in comparison to the sailfish caught in the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic waters off Florida and in the Keys.   They ranged from 100-120 pounds, huge in comparison.

Rick,
madmarlinlodge.com
256-962-1335

Comments